Thursday, January 14, 2010

Crayon Quilt Challenge

We had our local guild meeting yesterday.  Our program was the reveal of our crayon quilt challenge.  We drew a color crayon last year and then were to make a quilt no larger than 30 x 30 inches using that color.  There were so, so many beautiful quilts.   We voted for a quilt in 3 different categories:  Best Use of Color, Most Creative, and Favorite Quilt.  I really had a hard time voting for my 3 favorites because there were so many amazing quilts.  After the voting was all counted, each person got up and told a little bit about their quilt.  I snapped a picture of each quilt and also one of the lady holding her quilt and telling about it.  Here's a direct link, if you'd like to have a look at all of the quilts: 
http://good-times.webshots.com/album/576333893myCesK

Here is a picture of my entry.  I didn't win any of the prizes but sure enjoyed working on this little quilt.


I didn't feel like this little quilt was quite finished because I wanted to add a few more woop-de-doos to the border.  Now it feels finished......and here it is:

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Linda, your little quilt is so cute! Thanks for posting pics of everyones quilts, looks like everyone had fun.

Sandra's Sewing Room said...

I think your quilt looks like a winner to me; I love the little girl on your quilt!