Friday, August 30, 2013

A Tisket A Tasket Baskets Quilt

I completed the final step of adding borders to my "A Tisket, A Tasket Baskets" quilt. It was a free Block of the Month from the Bunny Hill Blog. Next I'll try to decide how I want to quilt it. The quilting will probably be something simple because I want the embroidered blocks to be the stars of the quilt and stand out as much as possible. I took some close-up pictures of the blocks and will try to add them but my Blogger is still acting up. I have to add the pictures in "compose" and the words in "HTML" to get even this much posted. For the past several weeks there's been an error message at the bottom of the page that reads "Error on page". It's such a pain. If anyone knows how to fix this, please share.

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Noah's Ark Wall Hanging

I've completed the Noah's Ark wall hanging for Bobbi that I mentioned at the end of last month. It was started by a friend of ours who recently passed away. It was nearly completed - all I had to do were the leaves on the sides and top and the berries - the leaves on the bottom and the apples were already done by Marty, as were all of the animals and the ark. Bobbi helped find new homes for some of the unfinished work. I'm the happy recipient of a few items and will post them as I'm working on them or as they're finished. So here is the first one - the Noah's Ark wall hanging. Isn't it cute!

Friday, August 9, 2013

Home Sweet Home Quilt - Blocks Sewn Together


Here are my Home Sweet Home blocks sewn together.  I've made some design changes to the blocks - mainly to the lower part of each block (the pieced blocks & items on the grass).  The swag border is next.  I have the swags drawn and cut out so am making progress.

Monday, August 5, 2013

Home Sweet Home Quilt - Blanket Stitch in Process

I'm working on the blanket stitch on my house blocks using a King Tut veriegated thread.  Here's an example of how it looks.  I'm so pleased with how it's turning out.  I've completed the blanket stitch on 5 blocks so far - each one takes me about 1/2 a day. 

I'm having some difficulty with my blog though - it will only let me type between pictures.  There's been an "error on page" message for the past several days.  Nuts.  I'm hoping to post a picture that shows how I changed the flowers on block 2.  Crossing my fingers that I can figure out how to include it. 

After some difficulty and experiementation, here is block 2 with the new flowers.  Below that is the picture of the 5 blocks where I've completed the blanket stitch.  It won't let me type by that picture.