Friday, September 17, 2010

Let's Go Traveling Mystery Quilt

Now that the last clue is out, I can post about the mystery quilt we did this summer at our guild chapter.  Over the summer months, many of our ladies go to cooler climates, so our program chair thought it would be fun for those of us toughing out the hot AZ weather to have a project to work on together.  She asked me if I'd lead a mystery quilt.  I think I've done a dozen or so mystery quilts in the past, and really enjoy them, so it seemed like a good fit.  I called this one, "Let's Go Traveling" since it's a variation of a trip around the world setting.  There were about 10 ladies here who joined me in making this quilt plus 5 who are making it from other states.  A clue was given each month and those of us here worked on it at our monthly sewing meeting.  Fabric choices were all really nice yet each different than the other.  I could hardly wait to see the finished tops.  At this month's meeting there were 3 ladies who had finished their tops and brought them for show & tell.  Here are the finished tops so far (Patty's, Ruth's & Viola's)




Aren't they pretty?

1 comment:

frazzledsugarplummum said...

They are pretty! I especially like the colour in yours,Linda. I couldn't choose between those two DaChintzy groups you had and am happy to see that you are doing both. I just love the focus fabric for each. This is my first Mystery Quilt and so far I like it very much.
Sadia

PS Love the blog too.