Friday, March 15, 2013

My quilts at the 2013 AQG Show

I entered two quilts in the the 2013 Arizona Quilters Guild show.  I was so happy to win second place on one of them - my Heart of Gold Miniature Baltimore.  This quilt means a lot to me because it's the quilt I made for my mother to hang by her bed while she was incapacitated by cancer.  She told me she loved looking at it and it made her feel good. Here it is hanging with it's ribbon at the show.



Here's a picture of the other quilt I entered hanging in the show.  I call it Home Sweet Home Baltimore.  It wasn't a ribbon winner but has a lot of meaning for my family because it depicts the house where my children grew up and memorable representations of things from those years.  This isn't a great picture because I couldn't move back far enough to get the entire quilt in the picture.  There are other pictures of it here in my blog though if you want to see more of it.


 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Linda, you always do a spectacular job with your quilts. Your results are so precise. Congratulations!

Kathy F