Friday, April 21, 2023

2018 Finishes

I've attended a quilting retreat once a year that has been going on for about 20 years.  In 2018 we were challenged to take this panel and make it into a quilt.  I decided to cut it into tiny pieces and make a grow chart for my great grandkids.  Here is the panel. 


Here is the Giraffe Grow Chart I made using the panel.  I won first place and a really nice gift.
 


In the Palo Verde Patchers quilt group, I participated in another challenge in 2018.  We were supposed to make a quilt about what we were eating.  I was eating a lot of fruit and vegetables so I made this quilt.  The center block is one I designed and made using colored pencils.  It's such a happy, scrappy quilt.


And a close-up of the center...



BLOCK OF THE MONTH FOR 2018
In the Palo Verde Patchers Handwork Group we had a very busy year.  Our block of the month was a Dresden Plate quilt.  I gave the ladies a choice of three options to put in the center of the block: Sun Bonnet Sues, Arizona Birds, or Tea Cups and a Tea Pot.  I made the quilt with Sun Bonnet Sues in the middle (picture soon).  I also made the birds and the tea cups.  Here is the Arizona Bird's quilt - I used a different layout rather than the Dresden Plate on this little quilt, designed the art for the birds and their scene, and used the two color prairie points that I taught last year.










No comments: