Friday, February 26, 2010

AZ Retreat 2010

I went to the AZ Retreat Thursday through Sunday (Feb 18-21) and had a wonderful time.  We had lots of free sewing time and also had plenty of time to talk and get caught up with friends. 

They had goodies on the tables for us this year (a heart pin cushion and a filled snap bag):


The hostess at my table (thanks PatH) also gave us a gift - some fat 8ths of some beautiful batik fabric:

 

We did a right and left game where a quilting story was read and we passed 5 fat quarters.  I won some more beautiful batiks (thanks Jonna):


There were door prizes that were drawn throughout the weekend - I was so happy to win Elly Sienkiewicz's DVD - Advanced Baltimore Applique:


We were also invited to pick out goodies from an exchange table - I enjoyed getting a few gently used items to bring home with me.

We had a fantastic guest speaker this year (Terri Doyle, an amazing longarm quilter). Here is a direct link to the pictures I took of her trunk show:   http://good-times.webshots.com/album/576862581OVIICb

We did some mini-classes; one on paper-piecing and one on making a large tote bag. There were some off-topic mini-classes this year too; on on tatting &amp on on beaded bracelets. We had one dinner out together at a nice restaurant (the Elephant Bar).  We did a block lotto, had an ice cream social, and of course went shopping at a local quilt shop (The 3 Dudes Quilt Shop).

The highlight for me is always show and tell.  Since there are 32 of us we spread it out so that there are several who show their quilts each day.   I just love seeing what the other ladies have made and it inspires me to keep quilting.  Here is a direct link to the quilts shown during the show and tell sessions:
http://good-times.webshots.com/album/576859887zKTQKK

No comments: