Thursday, July 21, 2011

My Mom

We'll miss you Mom!  Sadly, my Mom passed away yesterday after her battle with cancer.  She lived to a ripe old age of 90.  She was so happy that she was able to stay in her home until nearly the end.  She really disliked nursing homes and fought like crazy to remain in her own home.  It was only the last 2 weeks of her life, when she rapidly declined and couldn't be managed without medical care, that she was moved to a Hospice Hospital.  I was able to go and visit her in Colorado a month before she passed.  At that time she was still doing pretty well and we enjoyed our time together. 

Here's a picture of one of the quilts I made her that she's been using to cover herself when she's taking a nap in her chair.


Here's a picture of my Mom.  My sisters brought a friend of Mom's into Mom's home to give her a haircut and style.  This was only 3 weeks before she passed and I think she still looked pretty good considering what she was going through. 



Here's a picture of Mom with my two sisters on July 1, 2011.  Sister Sherry, on the left is my older sister and Ruth, on the right is my younger sister.  I also have 2 brothers so my Mom must have been pretty busy as a young wife chasing all of us around.








4 comments:

Cheri said...

Oh Linda, I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your mother. How lovely she is. I am glad you got in that last trip.
Hugs and prayers to you and your sisters and families.
Cheri

RBD2 said...

Linda, Your mom was a beautiful lady at 90. My deepest sympathies my dear sweet friend.

lw said...

What a beautiful woman your mother was! You have my sympathies, my mother passed in 2002 at age 72. I miss her every day.

Lois said...

Linda, I am so sorry to hear of your Mom's passing. She was a beautiful lady. I know you will miss her.