Friday, October 10, 2014

I'm finally back on my Blog and pictures of Nesting Robin

It's been almost a year since I last posted to my blog.  No real excuse, just living life, and spending less time on the computer.

Over the next several weeks, I'll try to catch my blog up with the things I've been working on over the last year.
 
This week I decided to join a Nesting Robin Group on the About dot com Quilting Forum.  I did a Nesting Robin a few years ago and had such fun, plus all of the quilts turned out to be soooo nice, that I decided to do it again.  Plus in this one we need to post pictures of our progress on our blogs (or similar), so thought it would be an incentive to get back to blogging.  In this Nesting Robin we're also being challenged to use our stash.  I love that!  Mine needs a good thinning.

In the previous Nesting Robin we put theme's in a hat, and pulled one each month, and made a row or round of our choice using that theme.  I think there were about 8 themes in the hat to pull from and we pulled about 5.  I remember we pulled:  classic block, stars, buildings, flora or fauna, & things.

I guess I should explain what a Nesting Robin is for those who haven't heard of it before.  A Nesting Robin is like a Round Robin with the exception that it never leaves the nest (your sewing space). You work on a piece and continue to add rounds on it each month yourself. 

Here are the pictures of the nice quilts that the ladies made during my previous Nesting Robin:

This is the one I made
 
 






2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Glad to see you back blogging! Your nesting Robin sounds fun, it will be fun to see your progress.

Linda P. said...

It sounded like easy enough to just make one block/row/or round each month so thought I'd jump in. Maybe you can join us. I think Kim & I are both inspired by the same quilt (the one posted above). She got on Ami's blog yesterday to see the round robin ideas Ami had posted and spotted the same quilt/layout I've been dreaming about. It will be fun to see how different they will turn out even though we both may base our creation on the same quilt.