Thursday, October 23, 2014

Nesting Robin 2014/15 Center Block

Here is the block I plan to use as the center for the upcoming Nesting Robin Challenge on the About.com Quilting Forum.  It's an orphan block that I had planned to use on my previous Nesting Robin but it didn't work out.  I found the pattern for it in one of my quilting magazines but can't recall who the designer is (may be Blackbird Designs).  When I figure it out I'll give whomever the credit they deserve for designing such a lovely block.  I made a miniature version (8 1/2" x 8 1/2") of the pattern and did needle-turn applique on it. 



I'm thinking a few plain borders, some more applique, and maybe even some pieced blocks could make this into a nice medallion type quilt.  Or I could go a little bit out of my comfort zone, and try something entirely different than I've done before, by placing it and other various sized blocks in a random setting - with a layout kind of like this sampler that I found on pinterest (a Sue Spargo pattern):

No comments: