Saturday, June 13, 2015

Reworked Spiderweb

I was busy working on monograms and got stalled on the beaded one for class.  Just didn't like the color of beads I used.  So while my brain was spinning gears for a solution I decided to work a little bit more on one of my spider webs.  It's a pattern from one of the class hand-outs and I love the pattern.  However, once I got it on my block, it seemed too small.  I decided to rework it and make it into an expanded motif/combination motif.

Here is the reworked spider web and the original one I made.  I like how the reworked one fits the space better and it seems more interesting to me.  I put a momma bird, and nest with 2 baby birds in it, to round out the story.  Better, right?


 
 

1 comment:

Sewing Up A Storm said...

I love the extra work you added to your spider web!! It makes it really look amazing.