Saturday, June 13, 2015

Monograms for my Crazy Quilt Blocks

This is my embroidered monogram for the Intermediate Crazy Quilt class I'm taking from Kathy Shaw.  I started it in an earlier class and finished it with leaves and French knots during this class.

 

My beaded monogram was quite a challenge for me.  I wasn't happy with the color of the beads I used.  The blue was too bright and just didn't look right with the other colors on the block.  I used up some brain cells trying to decide what to do.  Then I remembered that I had some Tsuineko ink from an earlier class.  I tried the silver ink, and liked the results, but the ink partially wore off while I was embroidering the remainder of the word.  This morning I got some silver nail polish to put over the top, and viola, it worked. 

 
 
These are my ribbon monograms.  I decided to make 2 of these, and feel okay about the first one, and really like the second one.
 
 
 
 

No comments: