My beaded monogram was quite a challenge for me. I wasn't happy with the color of the beads I used. The blue was too bright and just didn't look right with the other colors on the block. I used up some brain cells trying to decide what to do. Then I remembered that I had some Tsuineko ink from an earlier class. I tried the silver ink, and liked the results, but the ink partially wore off while I was embroidering the remainder of the word. This morning I got some silver nail polish to put over the top, and viola, it worked.
These are my ribbon monograms. I decided to make 2 of these, and feel okay about the first one, and really like the second one.