Saturday, June 30, 2012

4-Patch Posey

At the yearly quilting retreat I attend we had a class making a 4-Patch Posey quilt.  I started on my version and then it sat for two years.  I just wasn't happy with the sashing I had sewn around the blocks.  Fast forward to today.  We had a class at Foothills Quilters on how to make a 4-Patch Posey.  Yes!  I figured this is the perfect opportunity to pull out my unfinished project and get back to it.  I tore off the offending sashing and started fresh with different fabric for the sashing.  I got the top together and thought I was done.  But no - when I looked at it across the room, it just glared at me.  I could hardly stand to look at it.  So back to square one.  I tore it all apart again and tried one last time.  Now this new sashing feels just right to me.  Here's a picture of the finished quilt and a close-up of the sashing.  Note:  The border fabric is the fabric that is mirror cut to make the 4-patch blocks. 


No comments: