Monday, June 25, 2012

It's Finished - Joy's Rabbit Quilt

Woohoo, I finished Joy's quilt late Friday night.  I'm happy with how it turned out.  It took me a little over 39 hours to quilt it on my longarm.  I tried some things I hadn't before, such as echo quilting around applique and free- hand stitch-in-the-ditch on the borders.  And they both worked.  Yeah!  I enjoyed quilting this one and once I got going, I didn't even hold my breath while I was working (grin).  The "jittery nerves" thing usually gets to me but this time it was okay.  Wonder if I'm finally acclimating to longarm quilting. 

Here's a picture of the finished quilt:

2 comments:

quiltingraniet said...

Joy's rabbit quilt is absolutely beautimous! The quilting is outstanding. She told me you had done it and how happy she was with it.
All the others are beautiful too. Your Baltimore is something else!

Linda P. said...

Thank you JoTo. I was pleased with how it turned out and am glad Joy is too.

I'm still quilting the Baltimore. Whew, takes a long time, but I'm really enjoying it. I'll post pictures when I'm done - maybe Sunday or Monday, if all goes well.