Thursday, January 29, 2015

I'm Excited to be Crazy Quilting

I love all kinds of handwork, so when I learned about an on-line crazy quilting class by Kathy Shaw, I got really excited.  I could hardly believe that the class was also free so signed up without a moments hesitation.

We move at our own pace in the class.  We have tasks to complete, then post a picture of our completed task, then are emailed the next task.  The pictures below are my completed Task #6, which is the stitching on all but 3 of the seams.  Those 3 seams are in the next task and have some ribbon work in 1 of them.  Can't wait for that!

I'm having lots of fun in this class and am learning some new stitches that I hadn't even seen in the past.  One I especially like is a woven stitch - intricate and kind of tricky to do - but I just love it (the bright green detached stitches on the far left - easiest to see in the 2nd photo).  I really like the look of the little hyacinths all in a row too. 

 
 
 
I'm hoping that this venture back into the world of crazy quilting will get me pumped to finish the other blocks I've made and those I received in a swap some years ago.  The swap only required that 5 of the seams have some treatment on them, so there's still lots of work to be done on them.  My plan is to work on those while I'm working on this block, incorporating some of these stitches in them, and when I'm finished with the class in March, would then have enough blocks to put a pretty quilt together.

No comments: