Sunday, May 3, 2015

Some Finishes from My Intermediate Crazy Qulting Class

I'm learning so much in the Intermediate Crazy Quilting Class I'm taking with Kathy Shaw.  Here's the latest that we've been working on:

Here's 102E-Part 3-Watercolor Pencils (or Colored Pencils) to Alter an Image on Fabric.  I found this sweet little flower girl picture and decided she needed a home on one of my crazy blocks.  I used colored pencils that are set with Ceramcoat Textile Medium, some of the silk ribbon dyed with Rit from Task 102A, and some embroidery floss.


Here's the flower girl on the heart block I designed in ICQC-101.


 I had a lot of fun with 102E-Part 2-Markers on Silk Ribbon.  I used the Promarkers on the first two collages below.  Love using the Promarkers!
 
 
This view shows the 3 sets of silk flowers on the fan crazy block I designed in ICQC-101.
 
 
 I used three different types of fabric markers on the butterflies.  I thought they all did a good job.
 
I decided to use the fabric markers on some lace also - not real happy with the results on lace.
 
 
These are fabric pastels using the stencil method.  I appliqued some of the leaves I made onto a spray of lavender on one of my crazy blocks.   I set the leaves with a hot iron and some Ceramcoat Textile Medium to make sure they were permanent.
 
 
 
In 102E-Part 1- Painting Charms, I decided to see how both charms and buttons would look painted.  I used both Tsukineko Inks and Nail polish in gold (with a clear coat of polish over the gold polish).  I like how both turned out - they both even worked on plastic buttons. 
 
 
These are the things I dyed in ICQC 102-C - Acid Dyeing.  I used Rit dye to dye lace, silk ribbon, and embroidery floss.
  
 
The next 3 pictures are the things I painted in ICQC 102-A - Painting with Acrylic Paint.
 
 

 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Sewing Up A Storm said...

Wow Linda!!!!!! I can't pick a favorite thing as there is just so much there that you have been doing. Wow!!!! Beautiful.