Sunday, April 24, 2016

Beaded Slips - the last task in my last Crazy Quilt Class - I'll miss these wonderful classes!

The beaded slip was another fun one to do.  I decided to give the process a good try and make 2 again.  The first one is a sea shell.  I used a piece of fabric as the pattern and 2 colors of beads.  I really like how this one turned out. 
 
Here are the steps.  I used a piece of fabric instead of a pattern, which I basted to a piece of muslin, and backed with stabilizer.  Then I hooped it and did the beading.  Then cut it out with a 1/4" seam allowance and turned the seam allowance over using Elmer's school glue.  Then I attached it to my beachy looking crazy quilt block.




 
 
The next beaded slip is a turtle.  I found him on a piece of fabric and decided to bead his shell and applique the head and legs as is.  I put him on the block with the teddy bear I made in task #2.
 
Here are pictures of the steps I used to make him.

 
 


 
Here he is on the block with the teddy bear. 
 
I'm sad that the crazy quilt classes are over.  I highly recommend Kathy Shaw's classes to everyone.  What a wonderful, creative, and well presented series of classes!
 
 

1 comment:

Sewing Up A Storm said...

Looks like a lot of great information in that class. I love the beads on the fabric. The shell is just stunning and that little bear is just too cute. The flowers in the prior post are also really pretty. I like how you are using printed fabrics and then going from there.