Monday, November 23, 2009

Baltimore Album Blocks - month 2 - Pineapples

The second month we worked on pineapples.  I just love pineapples blocks and also that they stand for hospitality or welcome.  The Instructor, Arlene S., hands out patterns but we can also use patterns we have found elsewhere.  Here are the 3 that I decided on.  This first one is from a quilt magazine:


This one is a variation I made by combining two different blocks - I plan to put a heart in the center of this one to go in the quilt that will have the heart theme:



This is the third block I decided on - this is just a close-up of 1/4 of it.

 

I thought it would look good if I reduced the size, put 4 of the pineapples on the block, and then put something special in the center.  Here is the complete block:


Here is a close-up of the center - a depiction of our family home:

No comments: