Monday, November 23, 2009

Baltimore Album Blocks - month 1 - Cutwork

I'm taking a class from a local quilt shop where we're making Baltimore Album Quilt.  Our instructor, Arlene S, is amazing at applique.  She's very artistic and does both applique and quilting by hand.  Her work is just beautiful!

I'm still in the process of making blocks but am finally starting to see a quilt taking shape. My goal is to make 3 Baltimore type quilts so I'll have one to leave for each of my 3 children. I'm leaning toward one that is somewhat traditional, one that is more folkart, and one that has a heart theme.  I'm not sure I can actually complete 3 needle turn applique blocks each month but plan to in the months that time allows.

The first month we worked on applique papercut blocks. Here are my papercut blocks.



Here is a close-up of the center:

No comments: