Monday, November 23, 2009

A Dozen Roses Quilt

I've been working on a quilt I call A Dozen Roses.  It started in a needle turn applique class I took at my guild that was taught by Elaine C.  She's wonderful at applique and also is the leader of our Applique Antics group at one of the local quilt shops.  Here is the block she taught us to make.


You may have noticed that I'm using the same background fabric for the roses quilt as I used for my Baltimore Album blocks.  I may decide to use some of these blocks in a Baltimore quilt and this will let me decide as I see how many blocks I end up making.

The next block for the roses quilt was a bit more challenging.........

 

The next two are finished - one I like a lot and one not so much.  You'll see what I mean.......

















Thankfully I can go at my own pace on these; they're not associated with a class - yeah!

No comments: