Monday, November 23, 2009

Baltimore Album Blocks - month 3 - Scherenschneitte

The theme for month 3 was Scherenschneitte.  The first two that I decided to applique were handouts from the Instructor.  They will eventually have silhouettes in the center.


The third one has diminsional flowers in it - they were so much fun to make.  I worked on them while we were traveling to my son's wedding in Colorado at the end of July.  Got to enjoy the beautiful mountain scenery and do a little applique too.  What could be better!


The main colors I plan to use for all three quilts are shades of red, green, and gold/tan/brown.  I also think I'll put in a few birds in blue here and there.  I may decided to change things around as the months pass.  With the color scheme the same and the background fabric the same, it will make that kind of decision easier.

No comments: