Monday, November 23, 2009

Pumpkin Dump Cake Recipe

I made this recipe for dessert for my husband's Birthday last week.  He loves pumpkin pie; it's his favorite.  He said this seemed kind like a pumpkin cobbler.  It was sooooo good.  It would be good to serve at Thanksgiving or Christmas too, in place of pumpkin pie.



Pumpkin Dump Cake
1 (29 oz) can pumpkin puree (not pumpking pie filling)
1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk (I used evaporated skim milk)
3 eggs
1 TB cinnamon
1 cup sugar (or 3/4 cup Splenda & 1/4 cup sugar)
1/2 tsp salt
1 box yellow cake mix
1 cup walnuts or pecans (optional)
3/4 cup butter (I used Smart Balance), melted

Preheat oven to 350.  Mix first 6 items until well blended.  Pour into greased 9 x 13" pan.  Sprinkle cake mix over blended mixture and smoothout.  Sprinkle on nuts, if using.  Drizzle melted butter over the top of everything.  Bake for 50 minutes.  Serve with whip cream, if desired.

2 comments:

Kim D. said...

This sounds really yummy.. I may have to try it.

Linda P. said...

You're in for a treat if you do. We just loved it.

Good to see you here - glad you found my blog. You're the first post and the first follower. Yeah Kim! Thanks for your help in getting me started.